Planning what to wear for engagement photos can feel a little overwhelming. I am here to help! Engagement photos are a personal favorite for me to capture! When planning for your engagement photos, it is important to think about what you want to wear that will make you feel comfortable and confident in front of the camera. Here are some tips to help you choose the right outfit for your engagement photos.
Things to consider
- Consider the location: Take into account the location of your photoshoot when deciding what to wear. If you are taking photos in a park or an outdoor setting, choose light, airy and comfortable clothing that will not get in the way. If you are taking photos in a more formal setting, such as a cityscape, consider dressing up in a formal outfit.
- Coordinate with your partner: You want to look coordinated with your partner, but not matchy-matchy. Choose colors that complement each other and enhance your personal styles. You can choose to wear similar colors or complementary colors, such as black and white, navy and white, or gray and blush. Think color palettes rather than exact matches.
- Dress for the season: Take into account the season in which your engagement photos are being taken. For example, if it’s summertime, choose lightweight, breathable fabrics like cotton, linen or rayon. If it’s wintertime, opt for warm layers and cozy accessories like scarves and hats.
- Choose the right shoes: Shoes can make or break your engagement photos, so choose wisely. If you’re taking photos outdoors, consider wearing comfortable walking shoes that won’t sink into the grass or get dirty. If you’re taking photos indoors, consider wearing dress shoes or heels. If your session is at the beach, talk to your photographer, you may not even need shoes!
- Be yourself: Finally, the most important thing is to be yourself. Wear what makes you feel confident and comfortable. Whether that’s a sundress, a suit, or jeans and a t-shirt, choose an outfit that represents your personal style.
- Accessorize: Accessories can add a pop of color and personality to your outfit. Consider adding a statement necklace, a scarf, or a pair of earrings to complete your look. For men, a watch or a tie can add a touch of sophistication.
- Makeup and hair: Don’t forget about your hair and make-up. Whether you prefer a natural look or a more dramatic one, make sure you have your hair and makeup done professionally for a polished and put-together look. This is a great time to do your hair and makeup trial!
- Props: Consider adding props to your engagement photos for a fun and playful touch. You can bring along a bouquet of flowers or even a picnic blanket for a romantic and intimate feel. Only bring props if it makes sense for you both.
- Prep your clothes: Make sure your clothes are pressed and free of any wrinkles or stains before your photoshoot. This will ensure that you look your best in the photos and that the focus remains on you and your partner, not on any distracting wrinkles or stains.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can ensure that you look and feel your best in your engagement photos. Remember, the goal is to capture the love and joy that you share with your partner, so choose an outfit that reflects that and have fun with it!
What to wear for Engagement Photos
February 8, 2023