Here are some of my best engagement session tips for prepping for the day! This will ensure that you are fully prepared and get beautiful, timeless photos that you’ll treasure forever.
- Get plenty of rest. This may seem obvious, but getting enough sleep the night before your session is key to looking and feeling your best. Aim for 8 hours of sleep and avoid staying up late the night before.
- Plan your outfits. Choose outfits that complement each other and reflect your personal style. Avoid clothes that are too tight or uncomfortable. Make sure to bring extra layers, especially if the weather is unpredictable. Read more tips about outfit selections here.
- Plan your hair and makeup: Having a professional do your makeup will save you time, and frustration on the day of your shoot! I suggest planning to have your makeup done 1-2 hours prior to your session so your not feeling rushed.
- Pack the essentials: You won’t need much at your session. I actually encourage clients to keep it to a minimal so you can be fully present! Items such as a water bottle, snacks, and touch-up items like lipstick and powder can help if you feel you may need them.
- Have your clothes steamed and ready the day before. Waiting until the last minute is never a good idea. Having your clothes ready prepares you to enter your session with ease.
- Relax and have fun: Your engagement session is an opportunity to capture who you are as a couple.
- Be spontaneous: While it’s great to have a plan in mind, don’t be afraid to be spontaneous and try new things during your session. Sometimes the best shots come from unexpected moments and candid interactions.
- Trust the pros! I’ve done this many times and the one thing I can say shines true, is that when clients trust me and go with the experience they will always end up with better images.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be well-prepared for a beautiful and memorable engagement session that captures the love and joy of your relationship.
Looking to see more of my work? Head over to the gram!
Engagement Session Tips: For a Perfect Shoot
February 9, 2023